BASIC FUNCTION: Provides a supportive setting for building residents, staff and visitors and ensures outreach, crisis management and life skills functions are being provided.
* Meets, greets, checks identifications and announces visitors to residents and staff.
* Maintains daily log of complaints and incidents in the building.
* Provides assistance to the clients when outside agencies are conducting home visits.
* Calls 911 in emergencies and informs Emergency Operator of emergency.
* Support and assist the individuals in developing skills that will further their independence, increase their community involvement and improve their quality of life.
* Engage tenants with outreach and life skills regarding substance abuse, HIV/AIDS and overall health.
* Assists tenants with filling out complaint forms, work orders and relays information to appropriate staff for follow up.
* Answers central telephones and relays messages to staff and residents.
* Records and maintains log of incidents.
* Monitors resident activity and ensures their safety.
* Assists program staff as needed.
* Performs other duties as requested or assigned.
QUALIFICATION - EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
* Fireguard (F-01) Certification required or must be attained within first 6 months of employment.
* High School Diploma, GED and/or a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and/or training and experience.
* Experience in permanent or transitional housing, or community facility, or related social services areas.
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner.
* Sensitivity to issues involved in working with diverse organization is essential.
* Bilingual skills in English and Spanish are a plus.
SCHEDULE: Saturday-Sunday 4pm-12am
LOCATION: 1932 Crotona Parkway, Bronx, NY 10462
To join our diverse team, please include a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume/application submission.